25 January, 2011

Triple Threat... with a Kiss.

And now back to regularly scheduled programming...

Day 11 - Your biggest fear.

Please see this blog post... no need to repeat myself.

Day 12 - A picture of the place where you were born.



St. Joseph Hosptial in Nashua... 11:55 PM in April of 1986. Of course it didn't look like this then... In the past few years they've done some major renovations which made it look amazing inside and out.

Day 13 - Discuss your first kiss.

So, honestly, I think my first kiss was with a girl. Nothing serious. I was young, she was young, and we were playing house. We were friends and thought nothing of it. She was pretending to be my boyfriend and we obviously took our roles very seriously. I'm not completely sure if there were kisses before her. There very well might have been. I've always been a romantic at heart. I don't ever remember thinking boys had cooties or any of that nonsense. My very first "boyfriend" was in preschool. His name was Chad and we held hands... Not so sure we kissed. And in kindergarten I had two "boyfriends"... but again, I don't think there were ever kisses. It might have been quite a few years before I actually had my first "this one counts" kiss...

I was twelve or so and my best friend at the time was turning 13... and she had decided that this was the year to throw a make out party. Being the love obsessed child that I was (and still am) I couldn't have been more excited. She lived in Weare, which was at least 40 minutes from my house, so I packed up my things and headed out in a buzz of nervousness and excitement. I had no idea HOW to make out. I knew tongues were involved but what were you supposed to do with it once it was there? Leave it there? Swirl it around? ... It all seemed so awkward. I figured I'd just learn once it happened. That's the only way to do things right? Trial by error?

Even though she lived in Weare we still had some of the same friends. She had only moved a few years prior and would frequently come to visit me, so I knew a few of the people who were coming. One of those people being the boy I had a crush on. I was fairly certain he liked me too, so the whole concept that he may actually be my first kiss was beyond exciting for me. Now, I must admit, some of the details of this party are a little hazy. Not because there was anything illegal going on, but because it was 12 damn years ago people... but what I do remember is that my first kiss did end up being with my crush, and I believe it was a result of spin the bottle. We also conveniently ended up in the "7 minutes of heaven" closet together... where we were supposed to make out, but neither one of us knew what we were doing. And after a good few minutes of us standing there completely still, lips locked, no tongue I started to feel a little awkward and just sat down. I also remember having my first little boost of confidence. One of the other boys, a very attractive brown hair, aqua blue eyes boy, decided that I was the only girl he wanted to kiss. I did not mind this, but he was not the boy I was particularly attracted to. I was a little worried that my crush would get the wrong idea. By the end of the party I felt accomplished with what had happened. I was super excited to have finally received a real kiss, and was especially happy that it was shared with the boy that I had liked for so long. A few weeks after that, he ended up becoming my boyfriend (not that I count my middle school and high school flings as real boyfriends, but still)... but that is a topic for day 21....

No comments: