28 January, 2011

King of the Mods

Day 15 - Your celebrity crush.


Behold! My celebrity crush.... Noel Fielding. Anyone who has been following my blog since the beginning (or those of you who know me in real life) may be rolling their eyes at this point. I've had this fan-girl infatuation with him since, I want to say, at least 2007. But you know what? I can't help it... and I have perfectly valid reasons as to why he is my favorite.

What are those, you ask? Well, here they are...

First of all, he's British. I know how that sounds, but I've had a soft spot for British men since... well... birth. My mother introduced me to David Bowie and that's when it all began. Soon after that I vowed I would grow up and marry a British rockstar. But you know what, I'm not weird... well... I'm not that weird. I think every American girl is a sucker for a man with an accent.

Second of all, he's hilarious. He's hilarious in this random, awkward kind of way. His stand up is not the norm, it's very British, but I think it's fantastic. He just spouts of random things, goes off on random tangents... and that's my kind of humor. I'm almost immediately drawn to people who can make me laugh, and odds are, if you can't make me laugh and have zero personality... no matter HOW attractive you may be... there's no chance for you in my book.

Third of all, he's an artist. I forgot to mention he plays one of the lead characters  in my favorite show of all time, The Mighty Boosh (he's also a co-creator). It's a very, very acquired taste show. You either hate it or you love it... there's really no in between. It makes no sense at all most of the time... it's super random... but I think it's completely amazing. Noel actually does all of the artwork for the show. He has a very colorful, cartoonish style to his art... Which is very unique. Being an artist myself, it's hard not to like someone who is one too.

Fourth of all...?... he's unique looking. Again, I blame my love of strange looking men on my mother and David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust... Hello?!). I mean really, my favorite band ever is Orgy... which consisted of five dudes in eyeliner and platform shoes... It's been embedded in my brain to look for the guys who go against the grain. When I first met Corey he had blue and green hair, tattoos, and piercings... My boyfriend before him was a goth child... So when I first saw Noel Fielding, decked out in mod attire, I was instantly sold... and needed to know more.


I discovered The Mighty Boosh because of a youtube clip of the Old Greg episode... My roommate at the time ended up researching what show it was from, found it, showed me the episode from the clip I posted above, and that was it. I fell in love with the show and all its characters. Noel Fielding seems like such a genuinely nice guy, which also adds to why I consider him my biggest celebrity crush. If I ever end up meeting him it will be a happy day for me. Though I hate that if I do end up meeting him I will be looked at as just a fan. I think we could actually get along in real life... I had considered just playing the "stupid American" card if we did end up meeting in hopes that we not have that weird celebrity-fan-awkwardness (you know what I'm talking about), but I thought that might be kind of creepy... Especially since I've wrote about him in my blog on quite a few occasions... But whatever.

So, he's my stupid fan-girl crush. I think he's super interesting, and I would love to meet him at some point in my life.

No comments: