27 August, 2008

Not affiliated with my professional career.

My sister had a quote in an away message recently that I absolutely love.

"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and get hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."
- T. Rubin

Especially in the state I was in, this quote inspires me to be a better person; to love myself and all the stupid little quirks I have, to take the bad as it comes and just slowly work through it and aspire to be in that place of happiness I once was. I can never let my mind get the best of me, no one should, but unfortunately that is easier said than done. Lucky for me, thanks to an amazing weekend, loving friends and wonderful mind over matter skills, I have found my happiness again. My mind is light, my body no longer feels as if I'm being dragged closer and closer into the ground. I am ok. The choices I made to better myself, as hard as they may be, are totally necessary, and because of what I've chosen to do I feel stronger than ever. I am finally on the road I need to be on, and have needed to be on for a long time. I am ok, I will be ok no matter what, and the fact that I can finally say that just shows I am leaps and bounds from where I was even a year ago.

Finally, I can breathe again.

*Edit: Turns out T. Rubin shares my birthday. Great minds share birthdays...

No comments: