09 December, 2010

Numbers

So I too fell victim to the numbers game on Facebook, but instead of littering everyone's news feed with my responses I decided to just combine them into one blog post. I like this game because it gives you a chance to see how people really feel about you. Though I know not everyone will be 100% truthful (because no one ever is), but for the following numbers... I vow to only speak the truth.

42: I met you the day Corey and I met. At first I was a little intimidated by you. You are loud and truthful, and I can be pretty shy in new situations. Though the more I get to know you the more I like you for who you are. You're not fake. You lay out your emotions and feelings on the table and I find that to be a very admirable quality. Even though we aren't particularly close, I do tend to worry about you... especially during those dark times you were going through (I assume you know what I'm talking about)... and you scare me a little when you've had a bit too much to drink. But I honestly think you deserve nothing but happiness in your life, and I can only hope you are happy now. :)

2: My earliest memory of you is from softball... and the next most prominent memory after that would be ski club in High School. I can't tell you how happy I was that you were there. None of my other friends joined so you were the only person I felt I could talk to. You've always been such a nice, fun, outgoing individual and I've always enjoyed your company. I honestly can't remember the last time we have seen each other, I think it may have been when I went to Petsmart and you were working at Banfield... Either way, it's been too long... and maybe someday we can catch up :)

1989: You are my best friend. You are the only one that I feel can truly understand me. You're the only one who has seen ALL of my flaws, yet you continue to want to be around me. And you're the only one that I know wont sugarcoat the truth... you don't just tell me what I want to hear and I value your opinion over just about everyone else. I'm glad that we have the relationship we do and I would never pass it up for anything in the world. I will always be here for you, whether you want me to or not.

1138: Back in high school I thought you hated me so I never really tried to get to know you. I think it was at Jackie's party YEARS ago when we first started talking, and I'm glad we did. I've learned so, so much about politics from you. I love getting your opinion on everything that's going on. Though you do have a little bit of trouble keeping out of debates (haha!)... Just remember to pick and choose your battles (even though I know, sometimes it's very hard NOT to say something). You are incredibly smart, too smart for your current workplace ;) I'm extremely happy to hear about your plans to return to school... and even if it doesn't happen now I know somewhere down the line it will. You are destined for great things... just make sure you keep the motivation. You are too smart to let that go to waste.

1985: You've helped me in so many ways over the past almost 3 years. We fell out of contact for a while there, but it was like no time had passed at all once we started talking again. I appreciate every heart to heart and every piece of advice. You helped me through some very confusing and hard times and I can never thank you enough. You are one of my most beautiful friends, inside and out! Not to mention, you being one of my favorite party buddies :) You are such a strong, independent, outgoing woman and I look up to you so much for that!

8675309: You. You are probably the only other person that almost knows me as well as 1989. I've known you for 10 years and during that time we have grown up so much. You make me worry sometimes, and I really would like to see you HAPPY (not this fake happy bullshit you've got going on). You have so much potential, and I don't want to see you waste it. You're my favorite shopping buddy, someone I feel I can always talk to and get sound advice from... You're my other best friend, and I'm glad we went through everything we did. I feel like I've learned a lot from you, and you have probably influenced my life the most. I thank you so much for always being there, for being so incredibly supportive, and for being such a good friend.



If you didn't give me a number, but would like to know my opinion of you, just message me a number and I'll do one.

No comments: