24 October, 2008

Stop. Emo-time.

Sometimes I take a step back and look at myself, really look at myself, and I think, "What am I doing?" Sometimes I feel so out of control of my own life, my own body, my own mind. There are times I feel so focused, but then one little thing gets in my way and I spiral out of control. My mind is so full of contradictions, and it's slowly driving me insane.

What do I want? I've never really had a hard time answering this question. I'd like to think I know exactly what I want from my life, but are my goals and aspirations too far fetched? Will I ever be able to complete one single thing that will make me feel whole and accomplished? When will I be strong enough to take that first blind leap? When will everyone else's opinions not matter to me?

I worry too much. I think too much. I obsess over nothing. I fall too hard. My mind is my worst enemy. I am keeping myself down, standing in my own way, and it frustrates me to no end.

Anxiety has me by my hypothetical balls (ovaries?) again, and I swear to all that is holy, I'm going to punch myself right in the brain to make it stop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm the saaaame way woman! It sucks, i think way too much about stuff. But, sometimes, being out of control is good: let things happen around you and see what comes of it. You can't learn from the world around you if you are always trying to control your place in it.

I'm trying to just sit back and watch what happens and have fun in the process. Its tough not knowing where you and everyone else around you will be tomorrow, the next day, next week, etc., but sometimes, you really don't need to know... Fly by the seat of your sexay pants sammi!

<3 Abbie